Just like our customers, we are growing! Antara Agronomy Services Ltd in St. Jean Baptiste, MB is looking to hire an Agronomy Manager to help grow our existing agronomy program and oversee the management of future agronomists. Antara offers advanced agronomy consulting services to growers based in the Red River Valley. Our recommendations are unbiased and backed by our own extensive onfarm research and agronomy benchmarking programs. We work with mid to large sized farming operations that strive to do better. Along with our clients, we believe there is always a better way. Our on-farm research program has completed close to 250 local, field scale, scientifically replicated trials over the last 5 years. Our agronomy benchmarking program leverages the power of peer groups to help everyone learn faster.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor crop development and deliver sound agronomic advice and recommendations to our customers throughout the growing season.
- Maintain a deep understanding of crop production practices and stay informed on the current trends and technologies in agronomy
- Provide valuable insights that lead to solutions that drive higher crop yields
- Scout fields for all major crop production pests throughout the growing season
- Coordinate all activities for the summer students and other agronomy staff
- Soil sample and analyze results as a basis for annual crop and fertility planning
- Collaborate with farmers and our research team to conduct detailed analysis of crop data
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts to accomplish Antara’s growth goals
This is a full time, permanent position. Re-location to the Red River Valley is required with an opportunity to be based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. A competitive salary is offered, and applicant experience will be taken into consideration. A company truck, ATV and all other technical equipment will be provided.